Proud home of the Sheffield Honour Guard

It is currently Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:47 pm

All times are UTC

Get a FREE FORUM now !

Post subject: Nomad starter list
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:31 am 
Honour Guard
Honour Guard

Just wrote up a quick 300points nomad list let me know what you think!

Image NOMADS
──────────────────────────────────────────────────
ImageImageImage9 Image0 Image0

ImageINTERVENTOR Lieutenant (Hacking Device Plus) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 26)
Good hacker, cheap and makes an ideal lieutenant in my mind.

ImageHELLCAT Combi Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (24)
ImageHELLCAT Combi Rifle + Light Shotgun, Adhesive Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 25)
Really like drop troops in this game lots of flexibility and good stats, nothing special but what they do they do well.

ImageRIOT GRRL Combi Rifle, Blitzen, Flash Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (31)
I love this model, primarily the reason she's in here but at the same time she's HI with a good dodge, visor and flash grenades.

ImageALGUACIL (Forward Observer and Deployable Repeater) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (14)
ImageALGUACIL (Forward Observer and Deployable Repeater) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (14)
These guys are 28 points of orders. I had some points left over so upgraded them to repeaters and forward observers to help the Vertigo and the Interventor.

ImageLIZARD MULTI HMG, Heavy Grenade Launcher / . (2 | 96)
ImageLIZARD PILOT Pistol, Knife.
Ah the reason I started playing Nomads, I love this model. Lots of guns, high armour and very mobile I'm looking forward to it as I just finished building it last night!

ImageREAKTION ZOND HMG + E/M Light Grenade Launcher, Antipersonnel Mines / Electric Pulse. (1 | 35)
Defensive line anchor with full reaction and a HMG, also has mines. Can't take a shot but can dish so many out.

ImageVERTIGO ZOND Guided Missile Launcher / Electric Pulse. (1 | 34)
Mainly there to reaction file with a missile launcher or fire guided missiles at marked targets

5 SWC | 299 Points

Open with Army 4

So a List more or less composed of models I like (apart form the Alguacil, not a fan but oh well), its still got plenty of options, a decent amount of firepower and hopefully quite a few shenanigans once I learn how to use them all properly!

so what do we think?

Twitter @Whelpslayer

Post subject: Re: Nomad starter list
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:49 pm 

Its a good strong list. I love doctors but form the looks of it an engineer would do you well with bots 'n TAG.
the hackers make the list strong for missions. Play the list ans see how it goes fella.
The most important thing is you have selected based on miniatures you like the look of!

I say all this but I have only played alongside Nomads ond not against them. The access to cheap hackers and FO troops is quite appealing, as is a squad of hyper aggressive punk grrrls and cat women!

A take on all list is not always necessary. Missions are not always generated randomly. As we get more folk in we will start to play more specific missions, especially some of the fine ones from paradiso. Want to infiltrate a prison to spring your LT? How about a firefight on a moving train? Hell I intend to write a bank job mission with line troop guards and the response team. For these mission specific lists can be made, after all in the movies the team is picked for the mission.

Would like to play you mate when you are around, dodging missiles sounds fun!

Post subject: Re: Nomad starter list
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:00 pm 

This list gets the Dickie seal of approval! (Might want to run a Doctor/Medic and a engineer with remotes in Campaign though). But overall a slamming list! :D