The Outpost Forum

Proud home of the Sheffield Honour Guard

It is currently Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:40 pm

All times are UTC

Get a FREE FORUM now !

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: INTRO EVENING
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:19 pm 

Thanks guys!

Im from Derby so about an hour....ish drive from where i am and would need to find suitable parking if you know where i could park it would help a lot.

I will be buying the items that you suggest today, and will receive them by Wednesday and hopefully have them painted asap. I would read the rules but unfortunately i learn more from watching then reading, hope that makes sense. I will read the rules none the less as some of it might sink.

May i ask how Aleph play out as im curious, are they a simple faction to start with?

I shall try and convince my friend to pop down but haven't clue if i can as sometimes he aint free due to his job.

May i also ask what time would be best to pop down so i can jot it down into my schedule so i wont forget and double book myself.

Thanks guys cant wait for it.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:01 pm 

I'd just get the starter box for now and learn the basics.

It's sometimes fairly brutal and sometimes fairly patience consuming as a game goes.

If you want to come up before the intro evening in Feb I'm sure we can get at least one or two of us down for the evening at somepoint for an into on a tues / wedensday evening.

I will get one of the Aleph lads to weigh in asap on starting and play style etc.

Theres parking not far (on top of the shop) and I don't think it's too expensive...I'll find out for you.
It's on Monday 25th of Febuary so anytime post 5/6 o'clock evening time would be a good to rock up as some folks have to finish work etc.

Look forward to you joining us!

Historics:
Fow: British, Germans
Bolt Action: Americans

Sci-Fi:
Infinity: Ariadna, Pan-Oceania, ALEPH
Dystopian: KoB (Inc. R.Aus)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:24 pm 

Ace, well i will buy the starter than, and if it is possible to get an intro before then it would be ace but depending when you are able to fit me in and what is the best time. :)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:25 pm 

Hi I can give you a demo next Saturday or Sunday evening if that is any good for you

40k chaos 4000

space moooookeys

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:07 pm 

strigoi wrote:
Hello,

My current games i play are Warmahordes, Warhammer fantasy, Bloodbowl and Malifaux (although i have gone off malifaux due to bent crews).

Sunny

Hi sunny, just to drag this topic ot and out of interest, what bent crews are you referring to in malifaux?

Reason I ask is that recently they have errated a few of the more 'broken' crews, such as chompy & hamelin

Jimmy

Your friendly neighbourhood henchman - Ask me about malifaux it's awesome :)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:01 am 

Hi saturday would be great but what time would be best to get an intro. Also thank you for your help!

As for the crews i beleive are broken indeed hamelin, collete and lcb. Please dont be offended as i know your a henchman, but even with erratas it isnt enough, it also seems like new casters seem to be better than the old.
It seems like nicodem is so bad as do a few seem so neglected and the others are far to powerful. Coming from a warmachine background where strategy is key and most caster have an equal chance. It seems as as some masters have it to easy compared to others.

Ill be selling most of my stuff to fund infinity i beleive. Dont get me wrong i have and will keep a few items as the minis are lovely.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:16 am 

No worries, some people just don't get along with games, I know hamelin has been broken for a while and the vast majority in the community just refused to play him - he's been completely rewritten now and is a much more fun game to play against.

Also what some people don't realise that it's really a 'faction' game, certain masters just don't do well at certain strategies but others in their Faction do, which is why there's no fixed lists.

Anyway, I'm running a malifaux tournament on Saturday at the store, so if you fancied sticking your head in you can see if it's changed :) but I perfectly understand your feelings, probably similar to my feelings on warmachine - even though I haven't played it :)

Thread can go back on the rails now :)

Jimmy

Your friendly neighbourhood henchman - Ask me about malifaux it's awesome :)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:13 pm 

strigoi any time from half 5 would be best

40k chaos 4000

space moooookeys

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:16 am 

gawshank wrote:
strigoi any time from half 5 would be best

Ace, by any chance do you have any spare crews kicking about as i haven't received mine from eBay as of yet :( Also there will be a total of 3 or 4 of us to get to grips to the system, and hopefully start our own infinity group soon!

We should be down by 530 to :)

Thanks

Sunny

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:16 pm 

Have to say before i came to this forum i didnt realise that this was such a popular system, just been reading the free rules, i like what i see and the models...well need i say anything?! It would be fantastic to see this stuff stocked locally. What do i need to start off with for the demo evening? i'm not sure if i'm working or notyet would be keen to have a go.
Cheers
John

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next